If you know how restaurants work, you know that once you leave the quiet ambience of the dining room you’re immediately immersed in the fast-paced, high-stakes world of food production in the back. The heat is on, with every inch of a professional kitchen being designed for cleanliness, efficiency, and performance.
The flooring can’t be an afterthought, either.
Restaurant floors need to be tough, low-maintenance, safe, and easy to scrub down every day. The same goes for the flooring outside of the kitchen in the rest of the behind-the-scenes rooms.
This is where our concrete floor coatings really shine. Sure, they’re attractive enough to be in the limelight, but they’re also workhorses designed to deliver commercial-grade strength. When this busy restaurant in Thornwood, NY, asked us to help coat their floors, we knew exactly what to do.
Commercial concrete floor coatings: designed to look great and last
Take a close look at these old floors and you can see the ghosts of treatments past. It was time to start fresh, transforming a utility space, office, bathroom, and hallways.
So, how do we do it?
- We begin with a thorough concrete analysis, testing the surface to be certain that there are no underlying issues. Backed by a 15-year warranty, we are committed to ensuring that your floors look fantastic and are set up for success.
- Next, we fill any cracks or blemishes with a specialized concrete mender.
- Continuing the prep, we grind the surfaces smooth. Open sections of floor are ground with a large grinding machine, and smaller areas can be handtooled.
- We then apply a polyurea basecoat (nope, not epoxy!).
- The chip color blend (of your choice) is broadcast across the floor.
- Finally, the polyaspartic topcoat is rolled out to seal the surface.
Take a look at these before/after shots, showcasing the drastic transformation in this Thornwood restaurant.
What makes our floor coatings the perfect fit?
With 4x the strength of traditional epoxy, polyurea offers some incredible advantages.
- Rapid cure time. Your floors are ready for use within just a couple of days!
- Quick installation. In most cases, we can complete your coating in a single day (depending on the scope of your project).
- Antimicrobial, seamless surface. Easy to clean and moisture-resistant, this is an ideal coating for industries and spaces where cleanliness is key.
- Slip-resistant! It may look slick, but thanks to its orange-peel texture it actually has excellent grip. If needed, additives can be included that increase traction even more.
Looking for a new commercial floor coating solution?
Contact our team at Floor Coatings by A.G. Williams! We’d love to talk with you, designing just the right floor solution for your specific needs.